GROUPS AT HULEN STREET
Hulen Street Church has two main kinds of groups, one is a Growth Group and one is a Life Group. Here is a quick explanation of how they differ from one another.
Growth Groups seek to do four things well:
1. Teach the Bible.
2. Connect people with ministries.
3. Take care of each other.
4. Build relationships within the church.
Growth Groups are open groups: people can switch around and come in and out.
Growth Groups are also continuous: they don't have an end point.
Life Groups help people do three things well:
1. Pray for and build connections with people disconnected from Jesus.
2. Work through ingrained sin issues.
3. Engage in a spiritual discipline.
Life Groups are closed: people commit to a Life Group and stick with it.
Life Groups are liminal: they last five months, and have a definite end point.